Compact Heat Exchangers Manufacturer INDIA
The purpose of heat exchangers is to transfer heat from one fluid (either gas or liquid) to
another. Compact heat exchangers (CHEs) have a significantly greater surface area per unit volume than more conventional types of heat exchanger. For the purposes of the ECA
Scheme, a CHE is defined as a heat exchanger with a surface to volume ratio of > 200
Compact heat exchangers are characterized by a high surface area per unit volume, which can result in a higher
efficiency than conventional heat exchangers, in a significantly smaller volume (typically
Compact heat exchangers can achieve efficiencies of over 95% cf. 80% for non-compact heat exchangers).
Compact heat exchangers transfer more energy in a cost-effective manner than other heat exchangers and save
more energy when compared to standard technology.
- To be eligible for inclusion on the Energy Technology Product List, products must meet the eligibility criteria as set out below.
- Investments in CHEs can only qualify for Enhanced Capital Allowances if the specific product is named on the Energy Technology Product List.
- 1. Plate heat exchangers.
- 2. Plate-fin heat exchangers.
- 3. Compact heat exchangers with precision formed surfaces.
Three types of compact heat exchanger are covered by the ECA Scheme. These are: